As Principal Engineer, you will be leading the product architecture & development on multiple fronts.
You will contribute to the execution of one of the most ambitious tech projects in Europe right now: building a security standard for a trillion-dollar crypto industry.
You will join an amazing team of leaders (Chief Technology Officer, Chief Science Officer, Cryptographers, Engineers, etc.), in a highly challenging and collaborative environment.
Your primary goal will be to take the product through the full release life cycle from its initial development (Alpha, Beta, RC) to the scaling phases (RTW, General Availability).
Your primary metric will be WTL (Weeks to Launch).
Concretely, here are the tasks to be expected:
- Share the big picture to your team, define the levels of priority within the product roadmap, and be accountable for the deadlines and the quality of production.
- Act as a powerhouse of ideas on all technical issues (ops, security, architecture, stack, etc.).
- Ensure scalability and high availability of the product, as well as top-notch code quality.
- Build, operate, and ensure the security of the product, namely the API and the network.
- Implement an MPC-based crypto-system with the assistance of our Chief Science Officer
- Set up white hacking sessions with the Head of Security and the science team to prepare for major cybersecurity & cryptology audits from a Big Four and other specialized agencies.
- Facilitate cross-branch communication and know-how exchange between team members.
- Implement technical best practices and new ideas to encourage innovation within your team.
- Work closely with the CTO and UI/UX team to transform feedback into features.
- Work closely with the Head of Security to embed best-in-class InfoSec (DevOps/SecOps) processes within the service architecture and the internal workflows.
- Work closely with the Head of Legal and the compliance team in charge of crunching our legal requirements to translate the product evolutions into features that take into account jurisdictional constraints and regulatory frameworks from the scratch.
- Occasionally participate in client meetings to help them better benchmark our solution against market alternatives.
- Be part of weekly meetings to discuss strategy with the CEO and other team leaders.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in crypto, DeFi and blockchain to feed the company's strategic orientations.
- Role: Principal Engineer (possibility to evolve as Head of X)
- Salary: €80-120K / year (+ post-investment raise + competitive YoY increase)
- Equity: 0.1-2.0% (≈ €1-20M in 2-4 years, dilution included)
- Location: Work from home 100% remote, in London, or Paris HQ.
- Paid vacation: >5 weeks off / year
- Employee benefits: transportation, perks, events, insurance, meals, office space...